Dental insurance is an important aspect of maintaining good oral health. However, many people are confused about how dental insurance works and what it covers. In this article, we will explain how dental insurance works and provide a list of 5 insurance companies to consider.
How does dental insurance work?
Dental insurance is a type of health insurance that covers the cost of preventive and routine dental care, as well as some restorative and emergency dental procedures. Dental insurance plans typically have a monthly premium, deductible, and coinsurance. The premium is the amount you pay each month for your insurance coverage, while the deductible is the amount you must pay out of pocket before your insurance kicks in. Coinsurance is the percentage of the cost of treatment that you are responsible for paying.
Most dental insurance plans have a network of dentists that participate in the plan. If you visit a dentist within the network, your out-of-pocket expenses will be lower than if you visit a dentist outside the network. However, some plans may allow you to visit any dentist and still provide coverage, but at a higher out-of-pocket cost.
5 dental insurance companies to consider:
- Delta Dental – offers a range of dental insurance plans with varying levels of coverage and a large network of dentists.
- Cigna – provides dental insurance plans with comprehensive coverage, including orthodontic care, and a large network of dentists.
- Humana – offers dental insurance plans with options for preventive care, basic services, and major services, as well as a large network of dentists.
- Aetna – provides dental insurance plans with coverage for preventive and diagnostic services, restorative services, and orthodontic care.
- MetLife – offers dental insurance plans with a focus on preventive care and a large network of dentists.
Choosing the right dental insurance plan for your needs can be challenging, but considering factors such as coverage, network, and cost can help you make an informed decision. By selecting one of these insurance companies, you can be confident that you and your family will have access to quality dental care when you need it most.